Thread: Accidents
View Single Post
Old 16th September 2008, 03:02

Send a message via Yahoo to billyboy
I can remember comming down a steep hil with several bends in it with a coach once. as i aproached a bend there was a run of area (escape road) with a car parked in it. behind the car sat the family having a pic nic. God only knows what might have happened if a truck had run away on that hill.

Brake failure is never nice. I approached a set of traffic lights in east Grinstead once. the lights changed, put my foot on the brake and it went clean to the floor. hand brake had no impression either. (10 ton of bagged cement on the back) So, headlights on main beam and hand on horn button. I was very lucky as the Southdown bus driver read that i had a problem and waved me through. I was able to get it into first gear and aim it up the bank by the station then jam it against the kerb with a couple of bags of cement behind the wheels to await the fitter. It was a thames trader and the cotter pin had sheard on the vacuum ejector. The transport manager told me to continue to the drop using the handbrake!.. my request for him to retire and urinate was not appreciated by him. No sense of humor these transport managers eh!