View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:07

Send a message via Skype™ to darloboy
white trucks

hi a much read account of the oz trip our white trucks are mainly to reflect hot summer sunshine (when we get it),or maybe like henry of old with his black cars but i agree boring white everywhere, some with a bit of sticky vinyl to break up the expanse especially those with a sleeper cab. Here in W.A. we have designated long truck routes in the cities (all 3 of them) as some of the cowboys will try to take a road train up a narrow lane to cut a few yards off a run i don't do trucks only a coach or bus but 3 or more trailers must be a handful even on the empty-ish northern aus roads but next month i will be free to try my luck across the nullabor to sidney via broken hill ,try to get a pic of something different .yes too the next bit we do keep a few old trucks on the road but many are re-motored to comply with emissions & speed restrictions i sure would have had a go if i was 40 yrs younger with a big boys toy but you ask a driver of the biggies they don't make millions as some believe but more cargo one driver is supposed to help keep cost down (sound familiar?) .just thought put a bobsworth in geof the darlo boy