View Single Post
Old 10th December 2013, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Misrule View Post
I have to release them by operating the air doors.
Welcome to Truck and Bus Forum, Mark.

I don't understand what you mean by 'doors'.

If the brakes are locked on it sounds like the fault lies with the parking brake control. Maybe this is interlocked with the 'doors'?

Finding a way of disconnecting the supply to the doors (if that is what the problem is) might resolve your problem.

There should be separate supplies for the service brakes and the parking brake - what do the gauges show?

A Bedford PJK is a bus/coach chassis (formerly known as VAS) and not a TL truck chassis - and would be more likely for a mobile library. The J indicates a six-cylinder 330 cu in diesel engine - a good reliable engine which should provide adequate power.

The problem with your brakes mean that you need a mechanic that can visit the vehicle (unless you get it transported).

Any competent air-brake engineer should be able to locate and identify the fault. Try contacting your nearest truck dealer and see if they can recommend one of their mechanics who would be prepared to come out and 'have a look'.

Alternatively look in your local paper and see what there is or talk to local truck or coach operator (many do their own servicing - at least emergency breakdowns).
In fact I would look for a small local coach operator first - at least they could tell you who does their repairs.
See here for coach operators near Frome:- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fr...FoaRhQeJ9IC4Cg

The VAS / PJK is much-favoured by (new age) 'travellers' (not the wealthy Irish ones) so if you have a site near you (Glastonbury?) you could ask them what they do when they have problems with their air systems.

See here for travellers' PJKs:- http://www.travellerhomes.co.uk/?s=189

Last edited by G-CPTN; 10th December 2013 at 11:02.