View Single Post
Old 13th November 2014, 13:36

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjork View Post
There was a case a couple of years ago when a driver was fined (and even lost his license I think) after he had been driving too fast with an ambulance behind him on an 2+1 road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2%2B1_road)
There were outcrys that this meant that you we're not allowed to speed to let an ambulance pass when driving on a 2+1-road.
The police then showed a reconstruction with the whole stretch of road and there were plenty of places where he could have turned over (a parking/emergency pocket, a turn left lane for example) and thats why it was against the rules.
They say that you should not run a red light to let an emergency vehicle pass here in sweden too.
Sometimes its the best solution however.
I remembered when I was driving over the Lidingö bridge with a bus. They were repairing it so there were only one lane. An ambulance came, with blues and twos, but I couldn't go faster because of the narrow lane. The ambulance actually shut off the sirens until I could move over, instead of stressing behind me.

It seems like there are no serious injuries in the accident between the bus and the tram, and thats good.
I couldn't pull over cos there was a line of traffic on my left. I MIGHT have been able to pull in amongst them if I had tried I suppose, but by the time I'd done that I'd have been at the roundabout anyway.

Is good to hear that there were no serious injuries at this RTC.

Testing, but give us a try: www.cable962.listen2myradio.com

Last edited by coastie; 13th November 2014 at 13:39.