View Single Post
Old 21st February 2015, 01:18

The Drinks Bus says hi and asks many questions

Hi Everyone , Thanks for letting me join and getting access to all your knowledge.
I have joined to educate myself and also to share my experiences with all you bus fans, also as an ex truck driver , my blog lorryday was pretty well followed and I feel connected to anyone involved in lorry driving.
here goes.

I have bought a double decker bus, built in 1977 , VDV135S is the number. It is converted into a bar , complete with pumps and optics and fridges. It carries no passengers and only has 1 seat, the drivers seat. It is currently on the LOG BOOK and plated as a HGV, it was taxed as a HGV , I went to tax it and it came up as MOT exempt, I do not know why . It pays no LEZ charge and has a 100% reduction on any charge.
My question is , should it be a HGV or could it qualify for either private HGV or even any other class ,
It is a converted vehicle and is not capable of carrying any goods, it travels to a location and is then set up as a bar and used as a bar and then driven away again. is there anything you could point me to to find out any more information. I have a restricted O licence at the minute with two spaces and I am reluctant to give one up for this vehicle unless I have to.
Thanks for any help you may offer.
Danny