Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
17:09
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Bus & Coach Forums > Todays Bus & Coach News

Old 11th November 2014, 18:59

Exclamation Bus collided with tram in Oslo - 13 injured

A bus collided with a tram in Oslo today. The tram derailed and the overhead lines fell down.
13 people on the bus, one of them the bus driver, and tram were injured.
Witnesses say that the bus ran a red light, but it is not clear why. Some sources say that it tried to make room for a police vehicle but it is unsure if that is the reason.

http://www.nrk.no/ostlandssendingen/...ika-1.12038112 (In norweigan scandi)(Pictures)
Old 11th November 2014, 22:03

The police in the UK have stated (in the past) that nobody should run a red light to facilitate emergency vehicles (though I would be tempted, I admit).

'Interesting' translation:-
https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...-text=&act=url
Old 11th November 2014, 23:30

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
I remember when I had my Audi about 6 or 7 years ago, I was coming home from work and "legally" did 60 in a 30 limit.

I was at the traffic lights on "the bridge" where Victoria Road joins the A55 and up behind me came a police car with it blue flashing lights on. (Ovlov V70 I think) I didn't move until the lights turned green then I opened up the throttle and the 2.6 V6 did its job and I went past the traffic, which was on the inside lane, up to the roundabout opposite the fire station where I pulled hard over to the right lane and Mr Plod passed me on the inside giving me a wave as he did. (As soon as he was past I slowed down to 30.)

Testing, but give us a try: www.cable962.listen2myradio.com

Last edited by coastie; 13th November 2014 at 14:37.
Old 12th November 2014, 12:00

There was a case a couple of years ago when a driver was fined (and even lost his license I think) after he had been driving too fast with an ambulance behind him on an 2+1 road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2%2B1_road)
There were outcrys that this meant that you we're not allowed to speed to let an ambulance pass when driving on a 2+1-road.
The police then showed a reconstruction with the whole stretch of road and there were plenty of places where he could have turned over (a parking/emergency pocket, a turn left lane for example) and thats why it was against the rules.
They say that you should not run a red light to let an emergency vehicle pass here in sweden too.
Sometimes its the best solution however.
I remembered when I was driving over the Lidingö bridge with a bus. They were repairing it so there were only one lane. An ambulance came, with blues and twos, but I couldn't go faster because of the narrow lane. The ambulance actually shut off the sirens until I could move over, instead of stressing behind me.

It seems like there are no serious injuries in the accident between the bus and the tram, and thats good.
Old 12th November 2014, 12:05

The bus looks like a Solaris Urbino 15 (15 metres)
Old 13th November 2014, 14:36

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjork View Post
There was a case a couple of years ago when a driver was fined (and even lost his license I think) after he had been driving too fast with an ambulance behind him on an 2+1 road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2%2B1_road)
There were outcrys that this meant that you we're not allowed to speed to let an ambulance pass when driving on a 2+1-road.
The police then showed a reconstruction with the whole stretch of road and there were plenty of places where he could have turned over (a parking/emergency pocket, a turn left lane for example) and thats why it was against the rules.
They say that you should not run a red light to let an emergency vehicle pass here in sweden too.
Sometimes its the best solution however.
I remembered when I was driving over the Lidingö bridge with a bus. They were repairing it so there were only one lane. An ambulance came, with blues and twos, but I couldn't go faster because of the narrow lane. The ambulance actually shut off the sirens until I could move over, instead of stressing behind me.

It seems like there are no serious injuries in the accident between the bus and the tram, and thats good.
I couldn't pull over cos there was a line of traffic on my left. I MIGHT have been able to pull in amongst them if I had tried I suppose, but by the time I'd done that I'd have been at the roundabout anyway.

Is good to hear that there were no serious injuries at this RTC.

Testing, but give us a try: www.cable962.listen2myradio.com

Last edited by coastie; 13th November 2014 at 14:39.